Tuesday 21 July 2009

7 Birthdays, 1 farewell and 1 wedding in 11 days + Laura's blog!


Okaay, so I realised I was never very good an introducing myself... Hi, I am Shipa. I am NOT an alcoholic, but I lived in flat 1o Pooley last year and met all these lovely people! I quite love them to pieces, simply because only us lot would think to do something extra cheesy like this! :D


Umm, I gave up on the Cluedo character really, as I am not quite sure I know the characters but the first one I read was Colonel Mustard and a sentence to describe him was: Often considered to be the "alpha male" of Cluedo, SO, it kinda made sense.... What with somehow being BOTH the alpha male and the mother of flat ten... supposedly. :S

So it has been party time- as my title indicates. Jews birthday was a success, I do believe! Even if it did rain on our hawaiian theme and literally piss on our parade...but to my shock, I had wet myself by standing out in the rain trying to fix up the decorations.... I feel like this may have been discussed when I was less sober. But yeah, that was the first celebration. [This was also my chubby brother's birthday so we did a few siblings things that evening 15th as Laura's surprise was the day before obvi because she went to a smelly festival on the 15th]

The day after Seb- the german exchange student who came back to visit for 10 days had his leaving meal. Which was a buffet [of course the boys spent the whole time proving how manly they are by piling up plate after plate until they felt sick]! And the stupid boys were fucking about furthermore because they have free texts and Martin was being an ass AS USUAL and started texting me from the other end of the table, ordering me to go get him some friggin icecream- the texts got increasingly ruder and so I just started ignoring him to which he kept blaring "Shipa, pay me attention!"
We've yet to make amends although I did endure the hug which he forced upon me when departing.

Oli glock's [bassist of the indigogoes/ friend who introduced me to James] birthday on Saturday which was a pub job as he was busy working in the day and he doesnt really spend any time with anyone except his girlfiend Megan.... Yeah- during that day I had a chat with GAURA [Yes Lax, you'll be happy to know I had some firm words with her concerning her attitude towards her friends and her boyfriend! Pfft, friggin Paniotta wannabe!] Then later that day I watched the OC and caught up with Jess. Does anyone like the OC?! It is quite awful... but not as awful as One tree hill?! Is it? Or One true hill?! I don't know! All I know is that the one episode of it that I have seen, ended in "I am going to change my name!" [THAT was meant to be a cliffhanger!]
Aaanyway, the pub was fun, but I enjoyed seeing baby heathy more! Who has GROWN since friggin January! :O No longer at the blob stage.... [not your blob, Alex!] Yeah, and there were exchanges of massages- it was niceee! Even though the blind dog that lives at the pub kept sniffing my bag and barking! It probably doesnt like curry, is what I figured!

Pfft, James is questioning my tarot cards interest! Alex, kick him! Or Christine, scare him away by shouting at him down the phone! [Heh, you know he eventually stopped ringing... and I only saw him ONCE on campus since you went back]

But yeah, Sunday! Sunday was Gaura's sister [kelly's] birthday BBQ. Which was epic in that I knew NOBODY as Gaura went off to work and wasnt due back until 9pm! Which meant I was surrounded by Gaura's family who I spoke to and Kellys friends. It was AWKWARD. And there were kids everywhere and pregnant mothers... and there are only so many questions you can ask about pregnancy before you get too scared to know anymore.... Ugh, there was this one bratty little girl who I wouldn't mind pushing over, she was bullying all the other kids, throwing tantrums and hitting the BBQ and my HEAD with a friggin ball. Seriously, I wouldnt have minded knocking her out and pouring water on her so that when she woke up she would think "But to my shock I had wet myself". And hopefully cry in embarrassment! But LUCKILY Chris Leee came to rescue me. I mean I became SERIOUSLY BORED... like I ACTUALLY discovered my phone has games on it- it has guitar hero!! [THAT'S HOW BORED I WAS] You should have seen the grin on my face and how I pounced on Chris when he walked through the door! Heh, then Laura got back from work and I pretty much had to leave an hour later...

TODAY It was James' birthday. This was fairly exciting for several reasons...
1. it is this day 2 years ago that I met Ruairidh.
2. I haven't been in James' house since September (10 months ago.) And it meant I had to face his MOTHER who knows I have hurt her golden child... but she was actually somewhat pleasant, perhaps she missed me like a bad headache? James' dad on the other had bestowed a warm hug and kiss on me as soon as he saw me... I literally ran into his open arms. Twas beautiful.
3. We were going to watch a performance by a GOSPEL CHOIR in the evening to celebrate.

The BBQ was brilliant [because James' dad cooked!] And everyone was great fun... I managed to get into a bit of a tough situation.... Laura mentioned this festival where there is a tent in which you can dance for 24 hours... to which Ollie Guffawed and said "WHO would dance for that long?" which I CLEARLY gathered to be a silly thing to say... so I had to prove to him that I COULD dance for 24 hours- this resulted in my struggling to gather food as my feet had to constantly be doing some sort of wild jig... I was told I looked like I had "dancing tourettes or something". [That ended, I am not still dancing] as James said I was ruining his birthday! [In a jokey way... but he did repeat it several times and claim it was what he wished for when he blew out the candles... so I decided to give in.] Later, the choir was bloody awesome! I particularly liked the cover of "beggin" but that was JUST for us... this is them [the choreography is pretty awful- please excuse it, Gabi and Lax!]Oh and the guy who conducts is pretty hot, tell me what you think! Oh and we decided that one of the guys in it looks like the guy that used to be in my family but is now on the telephone/internet adverts?


Oh, and we got them to sing happy birthday to James, by being rowdy youths in the audience! And by "we" I mean.. myself with the help of Mel. [We jumped at the opportunity- when the guy asked if there were any birthdays in the house] :D Oh, there was icecream consumed too, it was quite lovelyyy!

Umm, the other birthdays and weddings are yet to occur. I shall let you know of them next week. And Laura is being an ass and won't upload the fortune cookie pics! So... here is what I remember them vaguely saying:

Laura: You shall half wealth in the month of....
Shipa: You are very attached to your friends and family. [Like I didn't know, pfft!]
Chris Lee!: British Gas have made a mistake, you should be getting a rebate.

Oh and yeah, Harry Potter- day after tomorrow!! :D soooo excited even if people aren't appreciating it! AAAAAAND Catherine comes back that day- so YAYSERS!! :D

And I got my results: Poetry 2.2 [sad times, 1 mark off a friggin 2.1], Lits in time [yawn] 2.1, Reading, theory and interpretation 2.1 and Shakespeare 2.1! So overall, 2.1. I am content. :)

P.S I think Ruairidh may read these blogs... so please don't embarass me anymore than I have already embarrassed myself guys... AND can you all present me with altered lyrics of a song of your choice and make it relate to QUEEN MARY somehow. You can just do a verse if you wish. :) And Gab, you can't take "Gabi, is poiisooooooon!" ;)

And on that note, I shall bid you all goodnight! :D I miss you all. Very much.

X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


Why hello there blog readers and fellow semi-flatmates!

Welcome to the first instalment of Laura’s contribution to the blog.

Now, I know I’m not an official member of flat 10, but I figure as a part time resident I can be a part time blogger?!?!

It’s funny; a big group of us used to all write diaries on diaryland.com, I guess this is similar but a more communal thing!

I want to tell you new and exciting things that have happened in my life…but there aren’t too many. It’s weird being home, everybody’s changed… and EVERYBODY is poor!! I’ve just got back from the Larmer Tree festival; I went on my birthday (after pubbing with everybody in the morning) and had possibly the most boring birthday day/evening EVER!! I had to work with pretty much the dumbest girl on earth who thought SKA was a BAND, and got confused when I told her it was a genre of music. She then hadn’t a clue who Madness were and proceeded to tell me that she didn’t really like music very much…whilst we were WORKING at a MUSIC festival!!

Then I watched Jools Holland who was pretty damn boring!!

The weekend in general was quite good though, despite it pissing down with rain for 95% of it!

On Friday night I was sexually harassed by a guy in an anorak.

We were in the club at the festival (which was really amazing, spent every night drunkenly dancing on the stage to fantastic music!!!) and he came up behind me and started dancing with me…. At this point I thought he was normal, he was about my age…and vaguely attractive…so it seemed like a good idea. THEN he started getting a little frisky and kissing my face, I was very drunk and found the whole thing hilarious!! But THEN he whispered in my ear ‘I want to suck your tits’. I just turned around to him and screeched ‘whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww’, turned around, grabbed my friend Harry and told him not to let go until the guy was gone!!!!

Why do I always attract the creepers??!?!?

Oh, and another guy..who was about 50 came up to me and my friend Emily, told us we looked similar and then asked if we were sisters or lovers. Like those are the only two options!! He then turned to me and said ‘nice cleavage, innit’.

What a chat up line.

Anyway, this blog was pretty pointless...but I hope you will allow me to write things now and then.

I didn’t do any of the challenges, but I want to make sure I’m accepted as a part time blogger before committing myself to anything difficult!!

It’s 2am, and I’m logging out!

Love you all!!!!!

Jewish Laura xx



I realise I posted this fairly early. I totally didn't get my days confused AT ALL. :S

5 comments:

  1. Ruairidh= WHO??? this name pops up and i have no clue who he is :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe, the scottish guy!! That's his name!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so you and alex have both EPICALLY FAILED AT MY FORTUNE COOKIE CHALLENGE! you forgot the important part which is put the fortune cookie quote and then after add...IN BED!! doi!!
    oh and p.s. you KNEW you had guiatr hero on your phone, remember the day I found it and TOLD YOU lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. :S I don't remember! And damnit. I care deeply for my friends and family IN BED? That sounds so wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol I will make many changes before settling down in bed...but that's only one day!? :S this is a very silly american thing to do!

    ReplyDelete