Friday 7 August 2009

a day late and a dollar short



Yes, It's Friday and I am posting a day late. My deepest apologies, but you try working 2 full time jobs and have time for anything more than sleep! I had to quit my third job because I went 42 hours with out sleep but with constant working. It is currently 6:44 am here in good Old Western New York, and I just got out of my overnight shift and now at my office job until noonish.

What's happening in the world of Kelly you may ask? Well not much really, other than work, and oh yeah did I mention I got AMAZING tickets to see American Idol tour <3>
s, and an Ihome-so that we can blare and jam out to Idol before and after the show! I am very excited about going and you can see this by going to my twitter - twitter.com/kellyohno and checking out my bubbletweets ( tweets/updates that are in the form of a video). Shameless self promotion, I know. So in case I didn't already mention it, not sure and too lazy to look back I am teaching myself Hindi. I am currently working on getting the script memorized ( Devangari). It's quite difficult, but by next week I want to at least have all the vowels and consonants memorized, along with proper pronunciations. I am also reading two amazing books that I would recommend you all to read if you haven't already..they are " of Human Bondage"- W.Somerset Maugham and " Rooftops of Tehran" -Mahbod Seraji. As for the film challenge, I watched The Orphan which i hadn't really heard of.. It was creepy and ended horribly" I'm not your fucking mother" was my favourite line. Also I skipped out on shipas last challenge so here it is: my craziest moment on a bus would have to be either the gaysians, which alex stated, or if we can use my guard bus, the best was on the way home from a guard show we prank called our band director who was in the bus behind us and his sister who was in our bus! They luckily didn't get mad, but pranked us back by making us think they were mad and pulling the bus over.


As per Alex's challenge, I think its quite painfully obvious what candy/dessert I would be... a white kinder bueno. Why? Well caus I am white on the outside, but its blates obvious I am brown on the inside!!



For Christines challenge: My town is very small but close to some major attractions including a world wonder! Yet in my town, my church is in Guiness book of world records for being the only church in the middle of the street!!



My town also holds claim to the Culvert , which is famous because it is the ONLY road that goes under the Erie Canal. ( For UK'ers the Erie Canal is hugely famous due to the fact that it runs all the way across NY from buffalo to albany.(Picture below) I drive under it on my way to work every day. It is annoying especially when you are trying to jam out to your radio and it cuts off because there is a freakin canal above you..


Also, I am about a 45 minute drive from Niagara Falls,NY and about an hour 15min ( depending on how long it takes to get over the bridge) drive to Canada. One of the world wonders, The Niagara Falls consist of two waterfalls that are immensely huge. There is a boat/walking tour you can take called Maid of the Mist and you can ride pretty close to the falls and you have to wear a raincoat due to the mist, hence the name. Then you can go walk on some slippery rocks and walk behind the falls. Its so amazingly cool! Of course after this we always go to Canada, Toronto area and hang out at Clifton Hill...which is as labeled a large hill filled with museums, stores, clubs, restaurants and all that fun stuff. Plus there's a hersheys store that gives out free fudge samples...mmmmm

As for my challenge, as I am perusing through this blog, I have noticed certain people don't post on their days..EVER. So my challenge is that everyone post on time /on the day/ in the right colour/ following the right challenges..etc. Please note that the post must be posted on the day you post in YOUR timezone, seeing as 3 americans are in one timezone, 1 american is in another, and then of course you UK lot are in yours.

Love and miss all of you very much, and speaking of how much I miss you all, I was thinking ( uh-0h!) perhaps we could arrange a 5 year reunion for all of us, seeing as some of us will see more than others, etc. I was thinking maybe do this and travel to one spot, could be some one's home town or all agree on a place we've never been? Maybe do so every 10 years? Just a thought. Let me know how you all feel about it. Off to finish up work and then finally get some sleep...MAYBE lol

<3>

1 comment:

  1. 5-10 years= AMAZING. I want a kinder Bueno, now...

    ReplyDelete